Yes it’s true, this is my 250th post. It has been a long time since I started doing this blog and I am not going to sugar coat it by saying that it feels just like yesterday when I started, because it doesn’t. Interestingly enough, my blog technically started one year before it officially started with a me writing about the problems of Multiplayer Video Games and printing them off and sharing them around friends. Well one year later, I finally got round to starting this. the blog started off well but eventually the views would go down as low as 7 views in one month. But then I started doing FIlm Reviews, then eventually post a week and my views began to grow and grow towards the internet sky. Many milestones have been reached and now that I have reached the amazing total of Two Hundred and Fifty Posts, I think it is time for a celebration.
I have managed to wade through all my previous posts and chosen my personal favourite top 25 posts, and so I will present them to you. The first 20 will just have a brief overview of each but the top 5 will have an in-depth summary of sort with pictures. I will also be presenting the top 5 Highest rated posts as well as the top 5 most viewed. If you would like to read any of the posts that are to be mentioned, just click the link. So let’s get started.
25. Before The War – Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace: This is a film review of Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace, this post is the most recent one I have posted.
24. Top 5 Black Sabbath Songs: This past June on the day that was both My Birthday but also the live performance of Black Sabbath at Download I did a post of my Top 5 Personal Favourite songs from my Favourite Band (apologies for the long-winded description).
23. UNSTOPPABLE Review – The Runaway Train came down the hill and Blew Up; Unless Chris Pine and Denzel Washington can Stop it: This one as described by the title is a Film Review of the Tony Scott film Unstoppable. To date this post is the fourth most viewed Film Review I have done.
22. Sam’s Rant – Multiplayer Games: Everyone needs to start somewhere and for me, this was it. this post was published all the way back in November 2009.
21. Film Review: The Count of Monte Cristo: This was as the title suggests a film review of the 2002 film The Count Of Monte Cristo. I was getting views for this review almost every week when I originally posted it.
20. Four Blokes From Birmingham – Black Sabbath: This post was a response to something I was reading online which stated that a line from the film Almost Famous is used by Trebuchet Magazine when new writers start, so I decided to do it as a challenge.
19. Raging Bull: This post is about the original Dodge Charger car. A Great and interesting start to The First of 2012 Challenge, It was originally a piece of work I did for University but in the end I did not submit that part, so I decided to turn it into a post.
18. The Railway Company – A History of TOHO (200th Post) : A post that I had been wanting to do for almost a year, this post talks about the history of the Japanese Film Company that made such films as Seven Samurai as well as creating Godzilla. This was also my 200th Post.
17. Maze In The Forest – Pan’s Labyrinth: Pan’s Labyrinth was a film that I was unsure of at first when I originally saw it but it was after doing this review my opinion changed. I even draw inspiration from this film for a story I am writing at the moment.
16. Attack Of The Giant Moth – Mothra vs Godzilla: This was my review of a film that is said to be one of the best films in the Godzilla series, Mothra vs Godzilla.
It’s now time for a break in the proceedings as we now turn our heads to my Top 5 Highest rated posts. What does this mean, well at the bottom of each post there is some green stars, each named after a Different Godzilla Monster. Much like any star rating system, 5 stars is best and it goes down from there. So let us turn our gaze, quite literally to the right of the screen to see what the top 5 Highest Rated Posts to date on this FAntastic Blog are.
5. 5 Years and Still Painful – Part 4: Part 4 of the ongoing saga of how I broke my knee cap.
4. Film Review – The Muppet Christmas Carol: A film review I did of The Muppet Christmas Carol.
3. Akira Kurosawa’s Masterpiece – Seven Samurai: The film review I did of Seven Samurai.
2. My Week: 09/04/2012 – 15/04/2012: What it says, a sort of review of my week between the two dates.
1. A Brief History of Godzilla (100th Post): A Brief History of Godzilla, read it, it’s Fantastic.
Meanwhile the Top 25 List continues.
15. Top 5 Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavours: A list of my Top 5 Favourite Ben And Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavours. One of the most surprising things about this post was how quickly it shot up as one of my most viewed posts and reached the Major milestone of becoming the first post to reach the 1000 views milestone.
14. Film Review – Godzilla vs King Ghidorah: The first Godzilla review I posted, incredibly fun to write and thoroughly enjoyable. I am hoping to publish a re-review of this film in the next few months just so I can update it and put it in the format I am currently using for my Film Reviews.
13. It’s Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me – Batman Begins: My review of Batman Begins, while pretty much being in the original format, it is still a Great post and one I enjoyed writing a lot.
12. Top 5 KISS Songs: My top 5 favourite Kiss Songs. It was a lot of fun trying to work out the order as well as listen to some of the best songs by one of the Greatest Rock Bands.
11. How To Make A Tardis? This post goes in-depth into the ideas behind the machine that is piloted by Doctor Who, it was a lot of hard work to produce but it was an incredible post to write.
10. Top 5 SAXON Songs: As you can see by the title it is my Top 5 Favourite Saxon Songs. While not the first Top 5 List, it was the first one related to music.
9. Virgin VS FirstGroup: The Real Issue: Written back in September, this post looked into what I thought was the real issue in the Virgin/FirstGroup West Coast Main Line Fiasco, the issue being the trains. A train company is not a train company without trains.
8. Space Impression From Space – Godzilla VS SpaceGodzilla: My review of Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla. While the film in some cases was a bit weird, it was very enjoyable and writing this post was enjoyable too.
7. My Top 10 Favourite (NON-GODZILLA) Films: All my favourite films are Godzilla films (if you have not worked it out yet) and so I need two Top 10 Lists for my Favourite films. This one was tricky to write and I even edited part of it the night before it was published. I am hoping to publish my Top 10 Favourite films in the summer.
6. A Nice Film That Will Be Hard To Beat – The Hunger Games: My review of The Hunger Games. Because I enjoyed this film so much I didn’t want to just do a standard review. It was from this film that the current format for my reviews come from with Pictures between paragraphs and the movie trailer as well as going a bit more in-depth with the films. It was also the first time that I used the Black, Italic, Bold Link system. In my own personal opinion, it is one of the Best Reviews I have done to date.
Now lets take another quick break as we look at the Top 5 Most viewed posts on my Blog.
5. Godzilla News – Unveiling, Release and Giant Plants: A look into the latest news regarding the upcoming Legendary Pictures Godzilla Film as well as the news of the release of Godzilla vs Biollante on Blu-ray.
4. Dinosaurs Return To Television: A post which I did within a few hours of Planet Dinosaur’s first episode. This post had a link to it on the BBC Website and at one point was the most viewed post on my Blog.
3. A Brief History of Godzilla (100th Post): The highest rated post on my blog is also the third most viewed post on my Blog.
2. The Best Film In The World – Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack: On two occasions this post was the most viewed post on my blog and became the second post to reach the 1000 views milestone.
1. Top 5 Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavours: While it may not be number 1 to me, it surely is the current title holder of the most viewed post on my blog.
Now we enter the final stretch. before you, you will find My Top 5 Personal Favourite Blog Posts – Enjoy.
5. The Best Film In The World – Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack: The Best Film in the world, FACT. An incredibly enjoyable post to write. When I usually write a review I watch the film before hand but I wrote this one from memory as well as getting some help from other websites. The post eventually became the most viewed post on my Blog, a title which the post has held on two separate occasions. Please head over and read this Incredible review. If you have not seen the film, I recommend you do because you are missing out. You can buy the film on Amazon (follow the link).
4. Akira Kurosawa’s Masterpiece – Seven Samurai: My review of Akira Kurosawa’s classic film Seven Samurai. After years of wanting to watch this film, I finally got round to it and until just recently felt that it was my best review to date. I was able to write a lot about this film without making it too long. I was able to find pictures from the film itself and even included a trailer for it and one of the best clips from the film. Both an incredible film and an enjoyable experience to write, it even includes links from where you can buy the film.
3. The Final Masterpiece – RAN: My review of the Akira Kurosawa film RAN. When I was writing this I knew that the post was something special. I posted this review in January this year and watched the film itself the day before New Years Eve. Originally I was going to watch the film the same night that my family was going to see The Hobbit, but in the end I decided to watch it sooner and make the film my first review of the year aswell as my first official blog post for this year. To me this is the Best Film Review I have done to date.
2. 5 Years of Nintendo Wii: This post took me almost a day to write. It was published on the 5th anniversary of the Nintendo Wii being released in the UK. While it took me a long time to produce, the nostalgia that came to me when writing it, all the fantastic and happy memories that came to me of one of the Best Video Game Consoles was just so enjoyable. I was able to find fantastic videos on the subject and the simple fact that I could write a post so passionately about a subject i love was just a Fantastic Experience, an experience i look forward to doing again.
So we have finally arrived at my Personal Favourite Post. While I have enjoyed writing almost every post I have written to date, this post stands out to me as My Best Post.
1. A Brief History of Godzilla (100th Post): When I was fast approaching my 100th post, I wanted to do something very special for such a magnificent milestone, so I decided that I would do A Brief History of Godzilla. It was the last Tuesday of my time at Teesside University, I woke up at about lunchtime and because I had nothing to do for the rest of the day, I got stuck straight in. I watched videos on the subject from many places on the web as well as using my own personal knowledge on the subject. Over the course of about 5 hours I wrote about 3 pages of work and it was after attending the final Teesside CU of the year I got back into writing. I loaded up pictures into the post of other monsters as well as posters from the series. It is a post that I enjoyed writing every paragraph, sentence and word of. Even after all this time from me posting it to now, it is still my Favourite Post.
So we have finally reached the end of this enjoyable look back through the history of my blog. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and the blog and all those who continue to do so on a regular basis. I both hope and invite you all and anyone new to come back soon for more Fantastic Posts. Thankyou.