It has been an amazing year. I have left one University and started at another, I have written a Monster Movie and I have had an amazing day out at Blackpool Pleasure Beach with my Best Friend. This year has also been a great year for blogging. My record for most views in a day has been broken 3 times. I reached many milestones including the first blog post to get 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 views and 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000 views in a month as well as my 100th Post. Many interesting things have happened with my blog this year one of which included The BBC making a link to one of my posts (Which was Fantastic – Over 500 Views for one post). Also looking at some of my most viewed posts you can get an idea of what people who have read my blog like; they like Steam Trains, Dinosaurs, Ben and Jerry’s and Godzilla (Hurray, I am not alone). So I thought I would celebrate this by telling you which of the blog posts I have written this year are my top 5 favourites and then I thought I would tell you which are the 5 best blog posts I have read this year and which 5 blogs (Excluding my Blog and Posts because they would always be my favourite and that would not be fair) as a whole this year (these are in order of 1 being best and 5 being 5th best).
TOP 5 POSTS I HAVE WRITTEN
5. Four Blokes from Birmingham – Black Sabbath. The piece I did on Black Sabbath was Good Fun and it was also a challenge I have wanted to do for a while. The challenge was to write 500 words about Black Sabbath. It was a writing challenge and I think all bloggers should actually try it because it is an interesting subject and the challenge element is there which makes it exciting to see what it looks like when it’s finished and to see what other people think.
4. Film Review – Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. The film review I did was the first time I did a Godzilla film and so I decided to do one of the best from the series to get it off to a good start. When I wrote this one I first did it on paper and this was very enjoyable and it allowed me to think about it and what I was going to say.
3. The Best Film In The World – Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack. Writing this post was fun but hard, I had not seen the film in about a year and so I had to remember it all and so I used Wikipedia to help me out a bit. I found a Really Good Blog with some pictures on it and took screenshots of a couple of them and put them in the post to help out the audience when I mentioned a certain monster. The pictures break it up nicely and it looks nicer to read than blocks of text. Since putting it up it has become my Second Most Viewed Blog Post in the history of my blog.
2. 5 Years of Nintendo Wii. My top 2 posts I particularly enjoyed because it gave me time to think back and remember what happened over a period of time. This post was fun to write and fun to remember what it was like to own the third bestselling console at the time (The Nintendo GameCube) and then remember all the excitement there was to the new console (The Nintendo Wii). Now with the announcement of the Wii U it is fun and exciting to see what the next generation of consoles is going to be like.
1. A Brief History of Godzilla (100th Post). I decided that for my 100th post that I would do something special and at the time I was constantly thinking of doing a history of Godzilla. I enjoyed writing it and looking at all the research I did and then putting it all together. I looked at how the idea was made and looked through the career of Godzilla which had spanned over 50 years. It was so fun to write and I enjoyed it so much and that is why it is my favourite post this year.
TOP 5 POSTS I HAVE READ
5. 2012: A Look Ahead. This one was posted a few days ago and one bit of it I found very funny and so I decided to include it in my top 5.
4. Finally Got It!. This post had a nice picture in it of Seattle at night and is one of the best Photo Posts I have seen this year.
3. Grimey!. This was a post on my former Tutor’s blog and he put up a nice interactive piece of blogging. So you are doing more than just reading or watching. You are also doing something Interactive, Funny and Fun.
2. Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: GIANT MONSTERS ALL-OUT ATTACK. Yes it’s a name of a film but this post was one I used to help me in my review. The pictures are good and it has a more in-depth look at the actors in it.
1. Japan Tourism: Tapping Into The Monster Fan Market. This post was a fun one and a Good Idea all around. It is amazing that Japan has not thought about doing this before. The amount of money they could make. I would really like to go on a Monster Tour of Japan. Good piece to Read and interesting as well.
TOP 5 BLOGS
5. Hannah Likes Sheep Baa. Yes it is a funny title but my friend Hannah’s posts are always well written and quite interesting (and funny when she drew a picture of Mick Jagger coming out of a Tardis). Hannah’s blog has also had some fun competitions between her (and not inviting Me or Josh to join in) and Matt.
4. FullyRamblomatic. The blog of Ben “Yahtzee” Croshaw. This year his blog was fun to read and listen thanks to a couple of podcast type things which were fun to listen to. OK his blog can sometimes be a bit rude but when you overlook that it is a pretty Good Blog.
3. Ant’s Corner. From the blog that made Grimey! This blog which started this year has had some pretty good posts and some interactive pieces like Grimey!.
2. A White Horizon. From my friend Matt (who animated my Monster Movie) comes a blog which has had some Fun Posts and answered some questions (and is always in competition (and not inviting Me or Josh to join in) with Hannah). The highlight of this blog has been his series of Arbitrary Stopframe pieces which were funny and fun to watch. His art pieces and General Interest pieces were fun to read as well.
1. Godzilla 2012. A blog about everything Godzilla with some amazing stories and news pieces on Legendary Pictures Godzilla Film. If you want recent news on Godzilla but are not sure where to look, this is the Blog to read.
Well that was the 2011 year of blogging. While there were some projects that I planned but did not get a chance to do I am now working on them and some more for this year (hopefully). Now with 2012 on the Horizon I can’t wait to do some more and I hope that you enjoyed all the posts I did this year and will continue to return to my blog in 2012 for more. Thank You.
PostAWeek2011 has Now Finished. PostAWeek2012 is about to begin.