In February I discovered a new species of Fish. No, not the above, that is of course a picture of a Lion Fish (or a Pterois if you want to be pedantic) and has been known about for a very long time. No, I discovered a brand new species of Fish, one that is so rare, that you will be lucky if you get to see it at all. This fish is unlike many other species of fish as this one does not live in Water. It does live in the surf of its native habitat, but this species of fish inhabits a completely different territory; that of the World Wide Web, in particular on the web service known as WordPress. It is very hard to spot, but this could be more the case that the creature is not really found but more created into life.
By now I start to run out of things to say to suggest that it is a real creature; it isn’t (unless there is one in which case I apologise). No, basically the best way to describe what on earth I am talking about is to go back to October last year. You may remember (unless you didn’t see it), back in October I did a series of film reviews over the course of a week, all of which were from the X-Men Film Series to that point. Well, every year I get this little feature from WordPress which is an analysis of the blog during the year. One feature this thing includes is a table showing when posts are posted. Most of the time I try to get posts posted on a Wednesday, however to include the week and build up to the week, I posted the posts in a different way, to cut a long story short, when I looked at the end of year stats for my blog, the feature showing posting patterns showed what looked like an Arrow head for that period.
You might be thinking (or not) why am I talking about this and Fish? Well, during February, I posted 2 rather small blog posts in the second week, so I added a third and did them so there would be 3 posts in a row. When I looked at the posting patterns on my blog menu, I wondered if I could do something similar as what happened in October. The reason for this though has a second reason, and that is that later this year it will be my 500th post, and I wanted to try and get it a bit closer. So thanks to this little bit of fun during February I was able to post 8 posts over one month, so I think it worked. Anyway, having put up one post at the beginning of February, followed by 3 the following week, I then scheduled some more posts. One for the week after 3 posts, and then 2 the week after that, and then another 2 the week after that (one of which was the first post of March); scheduling the dates in such a way that the end result would look like a Fish. Here is the end result:
I think I managed to pull it off quite well. I was worried that I would get a day wrong, but overall I like to think that it has worked. You can see the tip of the head, the main body, then a taper behind which then leads onto a Thresher Shark like tail. It’s sort of like the old CITV show Art Attack trying to make a Big Art Attack, especially the one where he tries to do one with the New York City Skyline.
Don’t know if I will do anything like that again, it was more that the opportunity presented itself and I just went with it. I think the end result is pretty good. Maybe next time I will try and do something a little more complicated. When that will be however I don’t know, as right now I just want to take it nice and slow until I reach Post 500.